PUBLIC has taken their popular, single-speed V1 and sleeked it up to create the lightest-weight PUBLIC bike to date, the new PUBLIC V-Lite.
For this no-frills bike they swapped in a lighter-weight saddle and handlebars and nixed the fender, chainguard and kickstand altogether.
The V-Lite might be a nothing-but-the-basics commuter, but it still sports the same high-quality, low-maintenance single-speed drivetrain that's built to withstand the daily grind.
Puncture-resistant commuter bike tires deliver a smooth ride, even on rough city streets, and strong dual-pivot caliper brakes let you ride hard and stop on a dime in any traffic jam.
You'd be hard-pressed to find a better bike at such an affordable price, with thoughtful details and and quality components normally found on bikes costing hundreds more.
This bike is available for Mike's Bikes home delivery in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Frame: PUBLIC chromoly hi-tensile blend, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Fork: PUBLIC hi-tensile steel unicrown fork, with fender and rack braze-onsCONTACT POINTS
- Saddle: PUBLIC Sport Saddle, 159mm wide
- Grips: PUBLIC comfort grip
- Stem: Forged alloy quill stem, -13 degree rise, 25.4mm clamp
- Pedals: Alloy platform pedal, with rubber pads, 9/16" axle
- Handlebar: PUBLIC alloy classic backsweep flat bar, 590mm wide
- Seat Post: Alloy micro-adjust with integrated clamp, 27.2mmDRIVETRAIN AND BRAKES
- Crank: Alloy crank set, 40 tooth chainring
- Freewheel: 18 tooth single speed freewheel, 1/2" x 3/32"
- Brakes: Forged alloy dual pivot caliper, with alloy 4 finger leversWHEELS AND TIRES
- Tires: Kenda Kwest, 700x35c
- Tubes: Schrader valve
- Rims: Painted to match, alloy single wall
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Hubs: Alloy hub with bolt-on axle
- Weight: 25 lbs (S/M size)