The PUBLIC Sprout is our incredibly fun new bike for city kids ready to hit the road on their first big kids bike. Just like their best-selling PUBLIC V1 city bike, the Sprout V1 features a classic diamond frame design in two sizes, to fit a range of kids.
Parents love the simple, stylish, durable design, with no cables to get tangled, and real quality bike parts that are safer and longer lasting that anything you'll find in the toy store.
PUBLIC designed these bikes with kids in mind, with dependable construction to last through lots of rough and tumble and hand-me-downs.
Naturally they included all the great features of grown-up PUBLIC bikes, like the matching fenders and chainguard, and comfortable brown vinyl seat and grips. The single-speed rust-resistant chain and quality coaster brake are the simplest to learn, don't need much maintenance, and make stopping just as fun as going.
For kids who haven't already learned on a balance bike, we recommend teaching balancing first by leaving the pedals off and the seat low. Then after balance is mastered, add the pedals and raise the seat to start riding with confidence.
But we also include optional training wheels with the S/M size, for learning the old-fashioned way.
The M/L size can also accommodate training wheels (not included) and comes with a kickstand for easy parking on the playground.
PUBLIC has tested and met all CPSIA 2008 and CPSC 1303, 16 and CFR 1512 safety standards for children ages 3 and up, including chemical and mechanical testing.
Intended to be used under close and constant adult supervision. Minimal adult assembly required.
- Frame: PUBLIC hi-ten steel frame
- Fork: PUBLIC hi-ten steel fork
- Fenders: Painted to match fenders, steel
- Chainguard: Painted to match, steel
- Stem: Alloy quill stem
- Headset: 1" threaded alloy
- Grips: PUBLIC narrow kids grips, brown
- Saddle: PUBLIC memory foam kids, brown
- Seat Post: Alloy anodized silver 25.4mm
- Brake: KT coaster rear hub with 20 tooth cog
- Chain: KMC 1/2" x 1/8"
- Pedals: Resin composite with reflector
- Inner Tubes: Schrader valve
- Rims: Painted to match, alloy
- Spokes: Stainless steel 14G
- Training Wheels: Included
- Handlebar: 500mm wide, 75mm rise, 25.4mm clamp
- Crankset: One-piece crankset, 32 tooth chainring
- Tires: 16" x 2.125" sidewalk tread, white
- Standover Height: 19.3"
- Weight: 19.25 lbs
PUBLIC Sprout Kid's Bike
Quality components and classic PUBLIC design meet in this cool pedal kids bike designed for maximum fun and minimum difficulty. The PUBLIC Sprout is our incredibly fun kid's bike for city kids ready to hit the road on their first big kid bicycle. Available in two frame styles and two sizing options to fit a range of kids.