In European cities it's normal for many parents and kids to get around town on bikes. While biking with children is now becoming more common in US cities, the truth is that many city kids still don't grow up riding bikes like their cul-de-sac cousins. The PUBLIC Mini kids' balance bike is designed to be the first bike for the next generation of urban citizens.
The new balance bike design is a smart way to get kids started on bikes, that's much more intuitive for little ones than the rattling training wheels we grew up with. "Less is more" is Public's design ethos, and by eliminating the pedals and chain, kids can use their natural instincts to balance with their feet and easily scoot around without fear of falling. Since standard bike components like a classic steel frame and comfy inflated tires are used, the PUBLIC Mini can zip around just as smoothly as a pedal bike does. Kids love them, they look great, and they're tons of fun.
Just like you'd expect on a PUBLIC bike, the PUBLIC Mini allows for a wide range of seat and handlebar height adjustments to grow with kids and share with friends starting from age 3.
PUBLIC has tested and met all CPSIA 101 / F963 safety standards for children ages 3 and up, including chemical and mechanical testing.
Intended to be used under close and constant adult supervision. Minimal adult assembly required.
- Minimum Seat Height: 15.5"
- Maximum Seat Height: 21.25"
Taller seat post available.
- Frame: PUBLIC hi-tensile steel frame
- Fork: PUBLIC hi-tensile steel unicrown fork
- Saddle: PUBLIC Mini comfort
- Grips: PUBLIC hand stitched vinyl
- Handlebar: PUBLIC steel, 480mm wide, 45mm rise, 25.4mm clamp, painted to match
- Stem: Forged alloy quill stem, 25.4mm clamp
- Headset: 1" threaded steel
- Seat Post: Alloy 25.4mm x 200mm length
- Seat Post Clamps: Adjustable steel clamp
- Tires: Wire bead, 12 x 1.75
- Inner Tubes: Schrader valve 12 x 1.5 - 2.125
- Rims: Alloy 16 hole, painted to match, 12
- Front Hub: Steel low flange 16 hole, nutted bolt-on axle
- Rear Hub: Steel low flange 16 hole, nutted bolt-on axle
- Spokes: Chrome plated steel 14 gauge
- Weight: 11 lbs
This product conforms to the toy safety requirements of ASTM F963 and CPSIA 101.
Adult supervision is required at all times. Never leave a child unattended while riding.
This product requires assembly by an adult.
For ages 3 to 5.
Always wear a helmet. Some states require riders under 18 to wear a helmet. Please check your local laws.
Not suitable for children under 36 months old due to small parts choking hazard.
PUBLIC Mini Kid's Bike
Classic in shape, durable in design, our pedal-free push bikes make learning to ride a bike easy and fun. We designed our PUBLIC Mini kids' balance bike to be the first bike for the next generation of urban citizens.