The PUBLIC Sprout is our incredibly fun new kids bike for city kids ready to hit the road on their first big kid bicycle. Just like our best-selling PUBLIC C20 city bike, the Sprout C20 features a curving step-through Dutch bike design, with a low standover height to make getting on and off a breeze, and two size options to fit a range of kids.
Parents love the simple, stylish, durable design, with no cables to get tangled, and real quality bike parts that are safer and longer lasting that anything you'll find in the toy store. We designed these bikes with our own kids in mind, with dependable construction to last through lots of rough and tumble and hand-me-downs. Naturally we included all the great features of grown-up PUBLIC bikes, like the matching fenders and chainguard, and comfortable brown vinyl seat and grips. The single-speed rust-resistant chain and quality coaster brake are the simplest to learn, don't need much maintenance, and make stopping just as fun as going.
For kids who haven't already learned on a balance bike, we recommend teaching balancing first by leaving the pedals off and the seat low. Then after balance is mastered, add the pedals and raise the seat to start riding with confidence. But we also include optional training wheels with the S/M size, for learning the old-fashioned way. The M/L size can also accommodate training wheels (not included) and comes with a kickstand for easy parking on the playground.
PUBLIC has tested and met all CPSIA 2008 and CPSC 1303, 16 and CFR 1512 safety standards for children ages 3 and up, including chemical and mechanical testing.
Intended to be used under close and constant adult supervision. Minimal adult assembly required.
- Frame: PUBLIC hi-ten steel frame
- Fork: PUBLIC hi-ten steel fork
- Fenders: Painted to match fenders, steel
- Chainguard: Painted to match, steel
- Stem: Alloy quill stem
- Headset: 1" threaded alloy
- Grips: PUBLIC narrow kids grips, brown
- Saddle: PUBLIC memory foam kids, brown
- Seat Post: Alloy anodized silver 25.4mm
- Brake: KT coaster rear hub with 20 tooth cog
- Chain: KMC 1/2" x 1/8"
- Pedals: Resin composite with reflector
- Inner Tubes: Schrader valve
- Rims: Painted to match, alloy
- Spokes: Stainless steel 14G
- Kickstand: Alloy center mount
- Handlebar: 520mm wide, 90mm rise, 25.4mm clamp
- Crankset: Alloy 3 piece crankset, 36 tooth chainring, square taper
- Tires: 20" x 2.125" sidewalk tread, white
- Standover Height: 19.7"
- Weight: 23.5 lbs