The PUBLIC M8i mixte is a modern take on the classic French mixte bike design. A longtime favorite of PUBLIC staff and customers alike, this stylish and functional mixte bike offers the ideal combination of performance and comfort.
With its sloping and low frame style, the PUBLIC M8i offers excellent stand-over clearance between the rider and the top bar of the bike. The comfortable and sporty design is equally at home on short trips to the cafe as it is on a speedy cross-town commutes. Updated with a 100% lightweight chromoly frame, classic lugged crown fork, fenders, chainguard, kickstand and front and rear rack mounts, the PUBLIC M8i comes ready to take on daily commutes and weekend errands.
In addition to blending performance and comfort; the PUBLIC M8i is also one of their most durable bikes. Features like strong double wall alloy rims, modern caliper brakes, puncture resistant 3m reflective stripe tires, and the ever reliable Shimano Nexus 8 speed internally geared rear hub, ensure the PUBLIC M8i will last for many years to come.
Fit wise, the PUBLIC M8i falls right between the PUBLIC C7 and the PUBLIC V7, positioning the rider fairly upright for comfort, with just enough weight over the front of the bike for efficient pedaling on longer and more hilly commutes. In addition to its versatility in terms of terrain; the PUBLIC M8i also makes a great bike to share amongst multiple riders, with a large range of adjustment in the position saddle and handlebars, and an easy to get on-and-off of frame design.
- Frame: PUBLIC 100% chromoly steel, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Fork: PUBLIC 100% chromoly lugged steel fork, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Chainguard: Painted to match, alloy
- Kickstand: Alloy center mount
- Saddle: PUBLIC Premium Bike Saddle, 165mm wide
- Grips: PUBLIC Slender Grip, with alloy clamps
- Stem: Forged alloy quill stem, -13 degree rise, 25.4mm clamp
- Pedals: Alloy platform pedal, with rubber pads, 9/16" axle
- Handlebar: PUBLIC Brunch Bar, alloy, 570mm wide
- Shifter: Shimano 8-speed twist shifter for Nexus hub
- Crank: Alloy crankset, 39 tooth replaceable chainring with guard
- Freewheel: 20 tooth cog
- Brakes: Cold forged, high polish, alloy dual pivot caliper, with alloy 4 finger levers
- Tires: Kenda Kwest, 700x35c with reflective stripe
- Tubes: Presta, 48mm valve
- Rims: Painted to match, alloy double wall
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Hubs: Alloy hub with bolt-on axle
- Weight: 30 lbs
PUBLIC BIKE SIZE RECOMMENDATIONS
A bike that fits properly is more fun to ride. The guides below offer size suggestion based on height in inches. If you have measuring tape, you may also determine your size by measuring your leg length plus one inch, which is your stand over measurement. For all bikes, we recommend at least 1 inch of space between you and the top tube of the bike.
*Please note some riders may be a little outside of these height range recommendations but prefer the feel of a larger or smaller bike. Stand over height measurement is not as important as how the bike geometry feels while it is being ridden.
Stand Over Measurements
|Small||4'11 - 5'4"||25.5"|
|Medium||5'5" - 5'9"||27"|
|Large||5'10" - 6'2"||28"|
|Slate Blue / Large||814975020808||12945||38563|