We're incredibly excited to announce that the custom Kimpton / PUBLIC M7i is now available for purchase for the first time. The Kimpton / PUBLIC bike can easily be spotted on city streets with its custom cherry-red frame with blue accents, cream tires, matching rims, and color matching rear rack (included!).
Kimpton was one of the first boutique hotel brands with a national presence to offer customer PUBLIC bicycles for hotel guest at every property.
The bikes are complimentary for guest enjoyment, in keeping with Kimpton's commitment to well-being and and sense of adventure.
The M7i is Public's modern take on the classic french "mixte" bike design. A longtime favorite of PUBLIC staff and customers alike, this stylish and functional bike offers the ideal combination of performance and comfort.
With its low frame style, the Kimpton / PUBLIC M7i offers excellent stand-over clearance between the rider and the top tube of the bike, and its comfortable and sporty design is great for everything from short trips to the farmers market, to speedy cross-twin commutes.
What truly makes the M7i one of the best mixte bikes around is its easy shifting Shimano Nexus 7-speed internally geared hub. With this durable and low maintenance shifting system, changing gears is a breeze, and the rider can select the ideal gear whether pedaling quickly or at a full stop, which is particularly helpful around town with a lot of stop-and-go riding. The Kimptom / PUBLIC also getis a lightweight 100% chromoly frame and our strongest double walled alloy rims, which provide years of trouble free service, even over the toughest of city streets. the M7i also comes standard with modern dual pivot brakes to ensure safe and reliable braking in all conditions, and commuter tires with 3M reflective sidewalls to provide additional visibility and safety at night.
In keeping with our love for simple, clean and functional bicycles, the M7i includes everything you need and nothing you don't. Consistently a guest favorite, we are confident you will love the Kimpton / PUBLIC M7i as much as we do!
- Frame: PUBLIC chromoly hi-tensile blend, with fender and rack braze-ons, integrated kickstand bracket
- Fork: PUBLIC hi-tensile steel unicrown fork, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Chainguard: Painted to match, steel
- Kickstand: Alloy center mount
- Saddle: Premium PUBLIC Bike Saddle, memory foam, 186mm wide, steel polished rails
- Grips: PUBLIC Comfort Grip
- Stem: Forged alloy quill stem, 25 degree rise, 25.4mm clamp
- Pedals: Alloy platform pedal, with rubber pads, 9/16" axle
- Handlebar: PUBLIC Brunch Bar, steel, 570mm wide
- Shifter: Shimano 7-speed Revoshift twist shifter
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera 7-speed
- Crank: Alloy crank set 170mm, 39 tooth chainring with outer chainring guard, square taper
- Freewheel: Shimano 14-34 tooth Mega Range freewheel
- Brakes: Cold forged alloy dual pivot caliper w/ quick release lever and barrel adjuster
- Tires: Kenda Kwest, 700x35c
- Tubes: Schrader valve
- Rims: Painted to match, alloy 32 hole, 700c, machined brake surface
- Spokes: Stainless steel 14G
- Hubs: Alloy low flange 32 hole, nutted bolt-on axle
- Weight: 32 lbs
PUBLIC BIKE SIZE RECOMMENDATIONS
A bike that fits properly is more fun to ride. The guides below offer size suggestion based on height in inches. If you have measuring tape, you may also determine your size by measuring your leg length plus one inch, which is your stand over measurement. For all bikes, we recommend at least 1 inch of space between you and the top tube of the bike.
*Please note some riders may be a little outside of these height range recommendations but prefer the feel of a larger or smaller bike. Stand over height measurement is not as important as how the bike geometry feels while it is being ridden.
|S / M||5'0" - 5'6"||26.5"|
|M / L||5'7" - 6'0"||27.5"|
|Kimpton Red / Sm/Md||814975021652||93023||45842|
|Kimpton Red / Md/Lg||814975021669||93025||51482|