Whether it's a weekend trip to the farmers market or a daily commute to work, the PUBLIC C7i will take you anywhere you desire to go in comfort and style. Like all PUBLIC Bikes, the PUBLIC C7i is built around their high quality "smooth as butter" steel frame and includes painted to match rims, chain guard and fenders, color coordinated cables, and the new streamlined city comfort saddle in Antique Brown with matching premium bolt-on handgrips.
What makes the PUBLIC C7i their best Dutch commuter bike is the easy-shifting Shimano Nexus 7-speed internally geared rear hub. This robust, durable and low maintenance shifting system makes changing gears a breeze, and allows the rider to select the ideal gear whether pedaling or at a full stop. This is particularly helpful when riding around town where stoplights and stop signs necessitate frequent shifting. In addition to the upgraded and simplified drivetrain, the PUBLIC C7i receives strong double walled alloy rims, which will provide years of trouble free service, even over the roughest pavement.
Often referred to as a 'Dutch bike,' the PUBLIC C7i shares the same high quality steel step-through frame as the C1 and C7. This Dutch commuter bike style has been popular with women and men in Europe for decades, in part because it's easy to get on and off in pants and dresses alike. Like all PUBLIC bikes, the PUBLIC C7i includes front and rear rack mounts making it easy to add a rack and carry items with a pannier or basket. Many PUBLIC owners choose to further customize their bikes with Brooks saddles and special grips.
The PUBLIC C7i includes everything you need and nothing you don't. In addition to the smooth shifting Shimano Nexus 7 speed hub, the PUBLIC C7i comes standard with powerful modern dual pivot brakes to ensure safe and reliable braking in all conditions. Also standard on all PUBLIC C7i bikes are tires with 3M reflective sidewalls to provide additional visibility and safety at night.
PUBLIC BIKE SIZE RECOMMENDATIONS
A bike that fits properly is more fun to ride. The guides below offer size suggestion based on height in inches. If you have measuring tape, you may also determine your size by measuring your leg length plus one inch, which is your stand over measurement. For all bikes, we recommend at least 1 inch of space between you and the top tube of the bike.
*Please note some riders may be a little outside of these height range recommendations but prefer the feel of a larger or smaller bike. Stand over height measurement is not as important as how the bike geometry feels while it is being ridden.
Stand Over Measurements
Small / Medium
|4'10" - 5'5"||22"|
Medium / Large
|5'6" - 5'10"||22"|
- Frame: PUBLIC chromoly hi-tensile blend, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Fork: PUBLIC hi-tensile steel unicrown fork, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Chainguard: Painted to match, steel
- Fenders: Painted to match, steel full fenders
- Kickstand: Alloy center mount
- Saddle: PUBLIC City Saddle, 198mm wide
- Grips: PUBLIC Slender Grip, with alloy clamps
- Stem: Forged alloy quill stem, 25 degree rise, 25.4mm clamp
- Pedals: Alloy platform pedal, with rubber pads, 9/16" axle
- Handlebar: PUBLIC Brunch Bar, 570mm wide
- Seat Post: Alloy micro-adjust with integrated clamp, 27.2mm
- Shifter: Shimano 7-speed twist shifter for Nexus hub
- Rear Hub: Shimano Nexus internal geared 7 speed hub
- Crank: Alloy crankset, 39 tooth chainring with guard
- Freewheel: 20 tooth cog
- Brakes: Cold forged, high polished, alloy dual pivot caliper, with alloy 4 finger levers
- Tires: Kenda Kwest, 700x35c, with reflective stripe
- Tubes: Presta, 48mm valve
- Rims: Painted to match, alloy double wall
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Hubs: Alloy hub with bolt-on axle
- Weight: 32 lbs
|Blush / Sm/Md||814975021157||40547||38559|
|Blush / Md/Lg||814975021140||89196||38560|
|Green / Sm/Md||814975020587||22866|
|Green / Md/Lg||814975020594||21591|
|Turquoise / Sm/Md||814975021690||39344||38557|
|Turquoise / Md/Lg||814975021706||64508||38558|
|Red / Sm/Md||814975020563||24136|
|Red / Md/Lg||814975020570||22857|