The new PUBLIC C1 step-thru is everything that a great Dutch bike should be - fun, simple, lightweight, stylish and affordable. This single-speed bicycle is Public's most affordable Dutch bike.
Built using the same proven upright comfort geometry as their multispeed PUBLIC C7 Dutch city bike, the PUBLIC C1 foregoes multiple gears in favor of a simple and efficient single-speed drivetrain.
With its curved, open, step-through frame design, it is often referred to as a Dutch bike. It's a time-tested classic metropolitan cruiser bike design seen commonly throughout Europe for decades.
Ideally suited for trips around town, casual riding with friends and weekend jaunts through the park, the PUBLIC C1 is a capable machine ready to go as far as you desire to pedal.
Intended for a flat or moderately hilly terrain, the PUBLIC C1 has ideal gearing for rolling hills as well as flatter routes.
Unlike many other single-speed bikes, this single-speed PUBLIC bike allows you to coast and relax while riding, while also using powerful dual pivot brakes and alloy rims to ensure great stopping power rain or shine.
Like all PUBLIC bikes, the PUBLIC C1 is built with a high quality steel frame and comes complete with matching fenders, chain guard, and painted rims. Front and rear rack mounts are also standard, ensuring you will always be able to carry your much-needed items if you add an optional rear rack. We challenge you to find a better single-speed city bike with all these features at this price.
The PUBLIC C1 makes a great gift for yourself or others. Its simple and easy to use, perfect for beginners and offers inexpensive reliable transportation. The PUBLIC C1 will get you to the coffee shop and back with money left over for lattes.
- Frame: PUBLIC chromoly hi-tensile blend, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Fork: PUBLIC hi-tensile steel unicrown fork, with fender and rack braze-ons
- Chainguard: Painted to match chainguard, steel
- Fenders: Painted to match, steel full fenders
- Kickstand: Alloy center mount
- Saddle: PUBLIC City Saddle, 198mm wide
- Grips: PUBLIC Comfort Grip
- Stem: Forged alloy quill stem, 25 degree rise, 25.4mm clamp
- Pedals: Alloy platform pedal, with rubber pads, 9/16" axle
- Handlebar: PUBLIC Brunch Bar, steel, 570mm wide
- Seat Post: Alloy micro-adjust with integrated clamp, 27.2mm
- Crank: Alloy crank set, 40 tooth chainring
- Freewheel: 18 tooth single speed freewheel, 1/2" x 3/32"
- Brakes: Forged alloy dual pivot caliper, with alloy 4 finger levers
- Tires: Kenda Kwest, 700x35c
- Rims: Painted to match, alloy single wall
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Hubs: Alloy hub with bolt-on axle
- Weight: 30 lbs
PUBLIC BIKE SIZE RECOMMENDATIONS
A bike that fits properly is more fun to ride. The guides below offer size suggestion based on height in inches. If you have measuring tape, you may also determine your size by measuring your leg length plus one inch, which is your stand over measurement. For all bikes, we recommend at least 1 inch of space between you and the top tube of the bike.
*Please note some riders may be a little outside of these height range recommendations but prefer the feel of a larger or smaller bike. Stand over height measurement is not as important as how the bike geometry feels while it is being ridden.
Stand Over Measurements
Small / Medium
|4'10" - 5'5"||22"|
Medium / Large
|5'6" - 5'10"||22"|
|Turquoise / Sm/Md||854633005754||51003||38523|
|Turquoise / Md/Lg||854633005761||51005||38524|
|Powder Blue / Sm/Md||814975021058||26801||45447|
|Powder Blue / Md/Lg||814975021041||26803||45448|
|Spring Green / Sm/Md||814975021133||26805||45449|
|Spring Green / Md/Lg||814975021126||26807||45450|
|Cream / Sm/Md||814975021416||51007||45831|
|Cream / Md/Lg||814975021423||51009||45832|
|Mint / Sm/Md||854633005778||51011||45550|